Sunday, July 31, 2005

I am woman, hear me roar

We spent the past couple days at Grandpa Jim's cabin on the lake and it changed me. I am now a powerfu master and commander of all the creatures of the earth. That's right, I caught a fish. Several actually. I even caught a walleye but it got away. I baited my own hook and everything. I feel so alive!

I also feel sunburnt. We all got a little crispy with Jesse getting it the worst. Joseph was mostly ok because I pretty much coated him in an inch thick layer of sunscreen each time he went outside.

All in all we had a fun time. We managed to forget Joseph's suitcase at home and he had to to without all his bedtime books and stuffed animals. He cried for a little while but thankfully he was so tired that was able to fall asleep without much trouble anyway.

The best part of the whole weekend was when we fried up the fish we had caught and Joseph ate three pieces. He just sat down at the table and started eating like it was no big deal. No complaints, no arguments, no crying, just eating. We were pretty amazed. I think he was excited to eat the fish that he had caught. (He also helped to cook it by crushing up the crackers.)

Now I have to go because I've spent enough time poking around and I need to get some actual work done. We're putting the crib together today and I need to move some stuff around in the baby's room/Joseph's toy room first. I'm tempted to just sit on the couch for an hour or four first though.

No comments: