Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Looking back

I was just re-reading the entrys I posted Just prior to going to when I went into labor. It's funny now to see that the restlesness and weird energy I was feeling was just a sign of my impending labor. I'm a little sad that I got gyped out of that "nesting" urge that I had heard so much about. I was looking forward to getting some good housework done. My body decided that instead of preparing my "nest" for the new baby I needed to spend my engery conditioning my hair. Sigh. Oh well, my floors may not be clean but my hair has been really soft and managable since then.

Elle is snoozing in her car seat right now. She's all tuckered out from staying up all night long. It's hard work being a baby, waking up every 20 minutes and crying like you're being poked with pins. I don't know how she does it. Little stinker.

Joseph is doing well, he seems to be getting back into the swing of things. He is being very affectionate with Elle and making a real effort to "help" around the house. He gets a big kick out of it when he talks to Elle and she looks around to find him. I can tell she knows his voice because she really responds to him. Yesterday she was looking right at him and he was so excited that he said "Look at her look at me! She's learning to focus!" So cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...My heart just melted.

Anonymous said...

Too sweet. Cant wait to see her again.Soon I hope.gr