Saturday, October 08, 2005

Weird stuff

Pregnancy does such strange things to you. I've heard of pregnant women craving dirt and other odd things before but I never understood it. That is, until I developed some really off the wall cravings myself. In the past few weeks I have craved the smell of gasoline. When I go out somewhere I always hope that I'll end up driving behind some big stinky truck belching black smoke. I sometimes have an insane desire to run out to the garage and sniff the lawn mower. I don't know exactly what to make of that.

Perhaps even stranger is the craving that I have gotten for mint gum. I have to chew it non-stop lately. That's not such a big deal big what is weird is that I also have the craving to swallow it. Most of the time I'm able to resist but I couple of times now I have been doing something or other and without even realizing it I swallow that giant wad of gum I'm chewing. Why in the world would by body crave something like that? By the way, I asked and it's just a myth that gum stays in your stomach for seven years if you swallow it.

Anyway, it will all be over soon and I'll be able to drive past a gas station without feeling the need to stop in for gum and fumes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, remind me to never get pregnant. I've never been that big on diesel flavored chewing gum.
Well, with a little luck none of this will matter in another 24 hours or so.
Hang in there.
YF

Anonymous said...

Only another 24 hours or so?! I can hardly believe it...