Friday, November 18, 2005

Big and little gains

Joseph has learned a new skill. Today he was using the computer and Elle was in her swing and all was right with the world so I thought I would run upstairs and go to the bathroom. No sooner do I sit down than the phone rings. I figured I would let the answering machine get it but I heard Joseph pick up the phone and say hello. He then informed the caller that I couldn't come to the phone because I was "going potty". The good news is that it was Jesse's aunt Pam and not someone who would think it was weird that I would let my 5 year old answer the phone and talk about my bathroom business. The better news is that Joseph has learned how to answer the phone. He's so smart.

Elle is continuing to gain weight like a champ. Today she weighed in at 11 pounds, 9 ounces. I can't believe how big she's getting! The good news is she's growing like a weed and the better news is that nursing has been going really well lately. Most of the time she latches right on without any problem. Sometimes she'll nurse for half an hour of more but most of the time it's just 15 minutes or so. It seems like she's getting on a schedule of nursing every 3 hours or so. She's so smart too.

No comments: