Monday, November 14, 2005

The kids

On Saturday we went to the mall and Joseph got something that every 5 year old boy dreams about - a scented candle. I had told him that when he was a baby I would take him into Yankee Candle Company and he liked to sniff the candles. He thought that was so funny that he decided to re-enact it when we went into YCC on Saturday. He found a candle that smelled like cookies and he just had to have it. After it was paid for the cashier gave him his own little bag and he carried the candle around the mall, taking it out and sniffing it every few minutes. He's made me promise not to burn it because it's his candle and his alone. He asked me if he could burn it in his room if he promised not to burn the house down. I think I might have to pass on that one.

This morning I was nursing Elle and she was wide awake and looking at me the whole time. I guess she was in a good mood or something because she kept letting go of me to give me these big crazy grins. Then she would realize she wasn't eating anymore and would start to fuss. After I got her latched on again she would look at me and then break away to smile again. She kept doing it over and over again and it was making me laugh so hard. Funny baby.

No comments: