Sunday, November 27, 2005

Nursing news

On Friday night we went out with Becky, Amanda, Mathew and a few of his friends. Mom and Dad watched the kids. It was so nice to get out of the house and not have to worry about the kids for a few hours. It's been nearly a year since I had anything at all to drink and I may have had a bit too much "fun". (Not as much "fun" as a certain male cousin of mine who I won't name though.......) Since I didn't want to get Elle drunk I gave her milk that I had pumped ealier for the rest of the night. Much to my suprise, the next morning I was actually missing nursing her. I was ready to have that special time with her again. She must have missed it too because when I tried to start nursing her she just kept giving me this huge smile.

Overall nursing continues to go better and better every day. One night she even slept for 4 hours without needing to eat. It was a happy day. She's not having any problems latching on now and I've noticed that most of the time she eats faster. She still has the occasional 1 hour feeding but most of the time now she's down to about 15 minutes.

She's in her swing right now. I swear, she's a total swing junkie. She likes to sit in her swing and watch Joseph run around. It's actually pretty cute. He flies around the room at 90 miles an minute and she sits in her swing and smiles and coos at him until she falls asleep. Joseph, on the other hand, does not fall asleep or stop going 90 miles a minute. Admittedly it's not as cute.

No comments: