Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cradle cap crap

Last night I was sitting next to Joseph on the couch and I reached over and ruffled his hair. I noticed that he had something kind of um, bumpy on his scalp. I looked closer and he had this bumpy, greyish yellowish stuff on his scalp in two spots each about the size (in area) of a fun sized candy bar. (Ok, it's a weird comparison, it's just the first thing I thought of.) I tried to kind of pick at one part and a it came off easily but a little tuft of hair came off with it too. EEEEEeeeeeek! I started imagining all these things that could be wrong with him and I was certain that any second he was going to start losing big handfuls of hair.

So I made a doctors appointment for him. Guess what it was. Cradle cap. Cradle fricken' cap. On a 5 year old. I mean, it's the older kids version of cradle cap and it has a real name but it still boils down to the fact that he has cradle cap. So we have a steriod solution to put on his head and his doctor reccomended a mild dandruff shampoo for him. This solution can apparently make his scalp a little raw so that should be fun.

Yippee.

In other news, I'm still working on my list of the top 5 evils in America. I have 1-4 figured out but I'm still debating #5. I'll have to give it more thought.

No comments: