Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I always forget

I keep meaning to update the blog but then I just forget. I'm working on a long post about the top 5 evils in America though so that will be up soon. Seriously, it's awesome.

I'm taking Elle in for a second attempt at getting her pictures done tomorow. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm sure she'll be fine. Now that he cold is gone she's back to her regular happy self.

The past few night Elle has been sleeping for 4 hour stretches. Hooray! Who knew that 4 hours of uninterupted sleep could feel like such a luxury?

I'm thinking about looking into getting Joseph a PCA (personal care assistant) to come for a few hours every week. They could help him with stuff like dressing (he still needs a lot of help for a kid his age), hygiene (again, he needs a lot of help and reminders) and teaching him other personal care stuff. The goal would be to help him learn to do the stuff on his own better, not to just have someone else come in and do it for him. They could also do things like teach him socail skills and different ways to interact with people. If we did something like take him to the library then the PCA could come along and kind of help guide him when he needed it. We're so lucky that all of Joseph's medical expenses are taken care of, it gives us a lot of options that we might not be able to afford otherwise.

I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming! I haven't done any shopping yet. None. Zero. Zip. I need to get on the ball but I have a feeling I'm going to end up giving everyone I know things like my old tupperware because I've just run out of time. On an unrelated note, does anyone have some old used tupperware they could give me? I need it for ....... a ....... project. Yeah, that's it. A project.

No comments: