Friday, December 02, 2005

Odds and ends

Let's see, what's new?

When Elle was born they did a hearing screening on her and she failed in her left ear. We went in Thursday to have it redone and she passed in both ears this time. She didn't like the test at all though. The way it worked is they stuck this probe in her ear and it made an echo and then the echo showed up on a chart on a computer screen. I was wondering how they were going to to that. I pictured her sitting in a little booth raising her hand whenever she heard a tone.

Elle had a doctors appointment a couple days ago. She weighs 12 pounds now. She's in the 95th % for her age. Funny, since Joseph was probably in the 5th % when he was her age. Anyway, the doctor says she looks good and she's obviously "thriving". I love the code words that they come up with for "fat" when it comes to babies. From now on when I look in the mirror and start to feel bad I'm just going to tell myself I'm "thriving".

I had a meeting with Joseph's teacher today. She said they really enjoy having him in the class and that he's a "delight". She also said (much to my joy) that he seems to be making friends. She said he gets along well with everyone in the class. She said he seeks out kids who are more verbal but that he plays just as well with other kids too. She said there is one little boy in the class who has some developmental delays and Joseph has taken a real interest in him. Not suprising since Paula (Joseph's teacher last year) always said he took on the caretaker role in class. Today as we were out driving Joseph started to talk about the little boy that his teacher had told me about. He said "[Little boy who's name I forgot] is a good listener now. At first he wasn't but now he is. He was just a little fussy before." I thought it was interesting that he was interested in how the other kids in his class were behaving.

He's such a nut though. The other day he brought home a piece of paper that said "Joseph" and "Jaiden" on it. When I asked him what it was he told me "My freind Ashely helpled me make that. It means we're married now." Today he was talking about Jaiden again and I asked him why he wanted to marry he. He told me it was because he was in love with her. Silly question I guess. I asked if she loved him too and he said "Well, she smiled at me one time ..... I think that means she's in love with me."

Oh yeah, one more Elle story before I forget. I was nursing her and she made a couple of small tooting noises. When she was done eating I noticed a little damp spot on her outfit. I assumed it was just a little bit of pee that leaked out so I went to change her. As soon as I started to unbutton her one-piece outfit I could see that there was something horribly wrong. She had poop from her armpits to her knees. I don't know how it happened but she was just coated in the stuff. I seriously just wanted to button her outfit back up and pretend I hadn't seen anything. Ah, kids are fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Joseph was in love with Isabelle... but I guess when you're five years old you can change your mind a lot....

Grandma Judy