Friday, September 08, 2006

What a card

Today I talked to Joseph's case manager (the person in charge of his special ed services) and she said what a funny he kid he was. She told me that she was talking to him in his classroom this morning and there was a little boy crying loudly while they were trying to talk. Joseph watched the kid for a minute and then said to his case manager "He's kind of a drama queen isn't he?" She told me she almost had to walk away from him for a minute to compose herself.

When I picked him up from school today he told me this: "All the lunch ladies at my school look the same. But a girl in my class told me her brother works in the lunch room. (long pause) How can a boy be a lunch lady? Unless maybe he wears makeup to look like all the others.....?" He's a funny boy.

No comments: