Thursday, November 30, 2006

Big PIPin'

So what can I say about my PIPs (potential intended parents) without giving away too much about them? I want to respect their privacy but here's a little about them.

It's a gay couple from Minnesota. One of them has the same name as my dad and they have a son that they adopted and the son has the same name as my brother. Included with their profile was a picture of them at Disney World. They seem like they would be a really great match for me.

I already called the case manager I'll be working with and left her a message saying that she can go ahead and pass my profile on to the PIPs for them to look over. Assuming they want to work with me then the next step will be for Jesse and I to fly to LA again and meet them in person. We would meet at the agency first and then go out to eat together or something afterwards. Assuming we all still want to work together at that point, the next step will be for me to fly to LA again for the embryo transfer. This could take a little while to set up if they haven't already found an egg donor. We'll have to see about that when we get that far.

So, that's that. I'm so happy and very excited. This is just crazy.

3 comments:

Ben said...

I can't believe you just made a Big Pimpin' reference.

Anonymous said...

how funny that you'll fly to LA to meet a couple... who lives in minneapolis.

congratulations!

(I'm with ben on the jay-z reference, too, however) :D

StickyKeys said...

That's crazy J! How exciting for you.