Friday, November 03, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane

Looks like Jesse and I will probably be headed to California for a couple of days. We both need to go for a couple of appointments at the surrogacy agengy and we'll have to go soon. Like, less than 2 weeks soon. Yikes! Things are moving fast. But that's good! Now I just have to arrange for someone to take care of the kids while we're gone. I don't think that will be too hard. Who wouldn't want Thing 1 and Thing 2 at their house for a couple of days? Hello? Anyone?

There is some rough stuff ahead for IDAT and her husband. They are facing some decisions with Jackson that no parent should ever have to make. She's written about it here and I hope you'll check it out. Her words are so raw and so real that I feel like anything I say about her situation would just be silly and meaninless in comparison. If you do check it out, please leave her some kind words. Even if you don't know her I think it might help for them to know that people care. It's a terrible situation that they're in right now. I can't even let myself think about it too much, I've already cried enough today.

So, I'm going to try to focus on the good. I'm going to hug my babies extra tight today. Then I'm going to smile when I think about the night of blissful, child-disturbance-free sleep I'm going to get when we stay over night in California.

No comments: