Monday, December 04, 2006

Zicam woes

Joseph has another flippin' cold and I am determined not to get this one. I've started using the Zicam mouth spray every 3 hours. It's supposed to taste like mint. I think it sort of tastes like watered-down mouthwash filtered through hot ass. It's pretty bad. But, yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose and this morning I did not. So it's all good.

On Saturday I went to the Mall of America to meet up with 4 other Minnesota surrogates. It was a lot of fun and very interesting. All 5 of us are on our first surrogacy ..... um, not journey, but some other word for journey. One of the women is about 6 weeks pregnant and the rest of us are all just very recently matched. It sounds like several of us may be having transfers very close to each other.

Even though I had never met any of these women before it was really nice sitting and talking with them. We had a ready-made topic of conversation and within minutes of meeting each other we were laughing and talking like we had known each other for a long time. We hope to get together again after the holidays. It will be nice to be able to talk to some people who are all going through the same things.

Of course, all of this is assuming that my agency ever call me back.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

journey: trip, voyage, expedition, ride, drive, flight, passage, crossing.
I like expedition. It makes you sound cool. I don't like crossing. It makes you sound like you're not coming back.

Anonymous said...

expedition. totally badass!

Anonymous said...

How about "sashay"?
YF

Anonymous said...

Ooo expedition! Don't forget to bring your zebra print explorers hat!

Ben said...

Come on, 'Surrogacy Safari" sounds pretty damn cool.