Monday, January 22, 2007

Blog for Choice


Blog for Choice Day - January 22, 2007

The topic for this year's Blog for Choice is "Why I'm pro-choice". I could talk about this for a long time and go into a lot more detail than is probably needed. So to make it short I'll just say that for me it's about trust.

I am pro choice because I have enough faith in women to to think choose what is right when it comes to abortion. Not every woman who has an abotion has it for the same reasons. Not everyone who chooses that comes to that decision the same way. I don't think there's a woman out there who had an abotion because it was something she wanted to do. I think there are many, many women who choose abortion because it's the responsible thing to do. It's the logical thing to do. It's the (as crazy as it may sound) loving thing to do. It's the right thing to do.

Look at the women in your life, the ones that you know and love and respect. Ask yourself if you trust them to make major life decisions for themselves. With abortion rates in the US being 1 out of 50 women having an abortion every year chances are you already know someone who made that choice. And I'm willing to bet it was the right choice.

No comments: