Wednesday, February 28, 2007

He's "helping"

I talked to Jesse last night about how he's falling down on the job when it comes to helping with the kitchen. His excuse? "I thought cleaning up after dinner meant that I had to put the leftovers away!"

Yeah. Because 30 seconds of spooning leftovers into tupperware is the kind of help I was looking for in the kitchen. Not to mention that we don't always even have leftovers. Not to mention (even further) that he doesn't even do it anyway! I put the leftovers away! Augh!

In calmer, cuter nesws - Elle has recently shown a real interest in rubbing tissues and napkins on things to "clean" them. I should see if I can get her to scrub the floor.

2 comments:

The Other Girl said...

Hee. He's feigning incompetence so that you'll get frustrated and do it yourself. This is the origin of the statement, "OH I'LL DO IT! JUST LET ME DO IT! DAMN!" Men are smarter than we give them credit for.

Jill said...

If you have a swiffer or similar floor duster thingy, see if Ella will push that around. I give it to The Boy all the time and he loves to "help." Maybe your husband will get the hint that everyone in the family needs to pitch in. lol