Monday, April 23, 2007

30 Deeds for 30 Days - Day 20

My birthday! I wanted to do something special for my birthday deed so I made a donation to this group: Minnesota Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. Who knew such a group even existed? I really liked their stance on a lot of things and what really moved me to want to donate was what their website says about their "Peaceful Presence" program. From the site:
"We stand in non-confrontational and pastoral Peaceful Presence outside reproductive health clinics in support of their work, their staff, and their patients to demonstrate in non-violent ways that people of faith support access to safe, legal abortions. Peaceful Presence is a strategy of silent witnessing and non-engagement. Supporters (clergy and lay people) silently hold signs with our message “Pro Family, Pro Faith, Pro Choice.” "

Now that's religious activism that I can get behind!

No comments: