Monday, May 21, 2007

Gimme your best shot

The first shot, she is done. And it really wasn't all that bad. I sat on a package of frozen spinach (none of them high falutine ice packs for us) for a few minutes first to numb the area. Then I got the medication ready, laid down on the couch and got myself ready. Jesse cleaned the area and then asked me (many, many, many times) "Right here? Like this? All the way in? All the way in? To the blue part? You're sure? Like, fast or slow? Wait, right here?" I turned away and concentrated very hard on reading my book.

Then he did it and I got all hot and sweaty and felt like I was going to pass out. But it really didn't even hurt that much. It was more the worry of how it would feel than anything. But it was ok. We did it! And next time I'll probably even watch.

Now I'm sitting with the heating pad on my hinder. It's supposed to help the oil ditribute easier so that it doesn't make a big lump under my skin. We'll see if that works out.

2 comments:

StickyKeys said...

Well at least this way you can tell people you have a hot butt and always be sincere!

BabyonBored said...

Wow, you are very brave. Although, I must say, like anything else, when you do it enough you get used to it. I had uterine fibroids and had many surgeries and vaginal ultrasounds. It got to the point that the nurse would try to leave the room while I undressed and I'd say "don't bother" rip off my pants and lay down. So, okay, shots are a little different but I think you know what I'm saying.