Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ultrasounds, ice cream and papers

Someone was watching over me today and I somehow managed to get a ultrasound scheduled for Friday afternoon. The person who scheduled it told me that someone had just called and cancled their appointment 2 minutes before I called to make mine. Otherwise I never would have gotten in. I was also able to schedule my second ultrasound and bloodwork for June 1st so that's one more thing done.

Yesterday Joseph and I went out for ice cream together. I don't get to spend a lot of one on one time with him and I sometimes forget what a pleasure it is to be around him when it's just the two of us. He's sweet and funny and adorable and I miss out on a lot of that stuff when we're home with Elle. I really need to make more of an effort to get him out of the house more often for some "Mom and Joe time" as he calls it.

When we were out yesterday I thanked him for treating me to ice cream (we were using the gift certificate he won in the Best Mom contest). He said "Well thank you too! None of this would have happened if you weren't the best mom in the world!" I got all weepy right there at the table.

Elle is sweet too. She loooooves to color and she does it all the time. Whenever she needs more paper she'll come to me with her hands outsretched and say "Papies?" Come on, that's cute! I hope she says "papies" till she's 22. Then she can say it the right way. It's also cute when she's looking for someone or something and she holds her hands out to the side and says "Is? Is? Is?" then when she finds it (no matter what it is) she says "There she is!" Babies are fun.

Oh, and tomorrow is my last birth control pill. Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Jenny has cute kids...
I wanted that to sound taunting but I'm not sure if that came across the right way.
Oh, and I stopped by your house last night and Elle was eating a Bocca burger, and I was very pleased.