Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Needles all around!

Today Jesse and I went to talk to a surgeon about removing a little lump from his arm. Joseph's arm, not the surgeons. He has this hard little lump near his right elbow and it seems to have gotten a little bigger and squishier since we first noticed it two months or so ago. He's had both an x-ray and an ultrasound on it and the doctor just can't figure out what it is. In his doctor's words, "Just like everything else about Joseph, this isn't falling neatly into any category so I'm not exactly sure what we're dealing with here."

So on August 3rd I'm going to take him in to have the lump removed. Chances are it's no big deal but since there is the very tiny chance that it could be some kind of tumor Jesse and I thought it was best to have it removed and biopsied. Yippee. They told us the surgery itself will only take about 15 minutes but he'll have to be knocked out because there's no way he could be calm enough and still enough for it to be done with just local anesthesia. My poor little monkey. He's so nervous. I'm a little nervous for him too. I know it's just a really minor thing but no one wants to see their child have surgery.

I'll be going to LA again on August 9th. I'm for sure going to go and have the CVS. I'm not really worried about the outcome but I'm not looking forward to having a giant needle stuck into my stomach. I just have to focus on the fact that I get to stay at a very nice hotel and have some very nice room service. Is it wrong that I hope my Bacon Salt has arrived in the mail by then so that I can use it on all my great room service food? Would it be really strange to fly with Bacon Salt packed in my bag? Probably.

1 comment:

Sophie Treadmill said...

Doh! You reminded me about the existence of bacon salt again.

I'll be sending lots of positive energy to you and Joseph. I know you must be worried, but we're here for you when you need it.