Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks for the memorWiis

The other night my brother came over for dinner and to play a little Wii. Like the good sport that he is he agreed to watch some MST3K shorts with Joseph. He didn't complain once when he couldn't hear a single word from the movie because Joseph was lauging and talking so loud. Then he agreed to play the Wii game that Joseph wanted to. Then, as he was getting ready to go home I showed him the Thanksgiving card that Joseph had made in school. The card read:
dear
family
I am
ThakFul
for
my
family
Happy tha
mksgiving
Love Josseph

Joseph writes like a toddler and didn't know if Ben would be able to read it but much to Joseph delight he read it without missing a beat.

I had a lot to be thankful for this year but one thing that I am most thankful for is my brother. I'm thankful that Joseph has an awesome uncle who will play Wii with him, watch MST3K with him, share corny jokes with him and sing the SpiderPig theme song with him. I'm thankful that Elle has an uncle that she calls "Uncle Friend". I'm thankful that he's no longer with the Wicked Witch of the North and has gone back to being his old self. I'm thankful to have back the brother that I missed so much.

So what were you "thakful" for this year?

3 comments:

Ben said...

I'm "sankful" for good family ;)

Ben said...

I'm also sankful I finally got paid at my other job, but that's unrelated.

K said...

1. Family
2. Friends
3. Cats
4. Nice weather!
5. People who inspired me to go to Culinary School (your brother included, even if he doesn't know it!)