Monday, December 03, 2007

28 week checkup

I had my 28 week checkup today. All is well. I'm measuring at 30 weeks so either a) I'll go early or b) this baby will be massive. I fear b. Elle always measured a week behind and she was 8 pounds 8 ounces. Eek.

Blood pressure, weight, baby's heartbeat and my glucose/protien urine test all were great. I had to do the one hour glucose test too and although I don't know the results yet I'm sure they'll be just fine.

J was at the appointment and was his usual nervous self. He had 1 million questions about everything. He even stood and hovered over me as I was having my blood drawn. I guess to make sure that they didn't slip and puncutre my uterous as they were drawing blood from my arm.

I'm really starting to feel really pregnant. The baby likes to spend a lot of time firmly lodged under the right side of my ribcage. I'm starting to get heartburn when I lay down at night. My hands and ankles are getting swollen. All the fun stuff. I still feel pretty good though most of the time.

Thanks for everyone's get well wishes. My headache finally went away on Sunday afternoon. I can't beleive that I used to deal with that kind of pain all the time. I'm so thankful that I no longer have the kind of headaches I used to.

Catching up on blg reading, that's #1 on my to-do list tomorrow! Yes, I'm willing to skip laundry and dishes and floor scrubbing to find out how all my favorite people are. I missed you all!

3 comments:

Sophie Treadmill said...

So glad to hear your checkup went well. I can't believe you're already at 28 weeks! It really doesn't seem like it's been that long. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I was always so nervous about the check ups...But I always left glowing..

Yay for a healthy pregnancy!

Nell said...

I miss everyone too, and my excuse isn't nearly as good as yours! Cause I don't actually have one.