Tuesday, March 18, 2008

If he could turn back time

Ever so often Joseph brings home those worksheets he did in school where he they take a word and scramble up it's letters to make new words. The word to work with on the most recent sheet was "teacher". As I looked over Joseph's results I came across this:

Turns out my boy is a Cher fan. Who knew?

I've know for some time that Joseph is an old soul and that this is not his first go round on this earth but sometimes he likes to lay the proof right out in front of me. Also included in last weeks homework was a picture he drew:

Joseph told me that's a drawing of him living in the 50's. (Ok, so his timeline was a little off.) That's a tent on the right, a peace sign (or the best he could manage), a bird up above, a van on the left and in the middle is Joseph with long hair, sunglasses and a tie-dyed shirt. He told me he came up with this all on his own. I don't know what to make of this kid sometimes.

2 comments:

Nell said...

That is so cute! I love seeing other kid's artwork, his attention to detail is great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen, this just made my day!

Sorry I didn't get over here sooner -- we've had quite a week at our house :P

Joseph's drawing is just as cute and clever as it could possibly be! I love that he has a whole back-story to his artwork too - lol! You've got quite a talented little guy on your hands there and I can't wait to see more of his work! :D

~Michelle @ 5MFSN