Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No Country for Old Men

No Country for Old Men is the movie you should be seeing instead of wasting your time and money on another boring (Vantage Point), predictable (Vantage Point!) and cliche (VANTAGE POINT!) action movie.

Don't worry, because I actually liked this movie I won't be spoiling it at all for anyone who hasn't seen it. I will say this though: This movie really took me by surprise. I was often caught of guard by what happened and sometimes by what didn't happen. Jesse saw this with some friends of his and they complained that the pacing was too slow. I disagree. I felt like the slower pace added to the tension. The movie had some downright creepy scenes where, strange as it sounds, almost nothing happened.

Don't go see No Country if you're looking for a big, happy Hollywood ending where everything gets neatly wrapped up and explained. You won't find it in this movie. What you will find is a good story, great acting (I was even impressed by Tommy Lee Jones who I don't usually like) and lots of unexpected twists. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes a movie that makes you think, who doesn't mind a little gore and who can sit through scenes that move a little slowly. Unlike Jesse's friends.

If you've seen this movie leave me a comment letting me know what you thought of it.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Saw it as part of a first date. Yeah, I'm a romantic. She actually liked it, though by the second dead dog I was pretty much burying my head in my hands wondering what I was thinking.

Anonymous said...

I liked it. I thought it was so suspenseful at parts. My only complaint was that I thought some of the plot twists were pretty far-fetched - maybe the book explained them better?