Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anyone want to buy a house?

Don't worry. I'm not really going to take a couple of weeks off so that I can start canning. The truth is that I'm a little preoccupied with house buying/selling stuff right now and it's turned into a huge Internet time suck. In the past few days I've looked at about 8000 listings online, all of which are all wrong for some reason or another. And Jesse has put his foot down and said "No ABSOLUTELY NOT!" to the house on five acres of land with fruit trees, fruit trees just because it's in the middle of nowhere and needs extensive repairs. Party pooper.

The Story of Joseph has not been abandoned. Have the final chapter halfway done but I just haven't had the time and attention span necessary to give it the treatment it really deserves. Soon though. Soon.

In other news, Elle recently overheard someone use the expression "terrible twos" and thought "Terrible? I can be terrible? Why am I wasting my time being the world's sweetest, most agreeable toddler when I could be a holy terror?" Gone is my sweet, gentle baby and in her place is a sassy, bossy, stubborn, cranky monster.

So if anyone is looking for a house that's cute and well taken care of give me call because I've got one to sell. And I'll be happy to throw in a toddler who's also well taken care of but not quite as cute as she was a few months ago.

9 comments:

Maddy said...

Since 'moving' is apparently one of the most stressful events in anyone's life, I think I'll pass.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

I actually am looking for a house. How much do you think shipping to Green Bay would cost?

Karen said...

sorry about the house stress.

I'm looking forward to more Joseph story...

to be followed by

The story of Elle

Anonymous said...

What!!! I'll take the toddler, you can keep the house!! When can I come and get her???

Grandma Judy

Alison Wonderland said...

So that's how you sell the kids? As part of a package deal with the house? I wasn't really planning on moving but now I'm rethinking.

The Laundress said...

Holy Hell MOVING and TERRIBLE TWO'S all at the same time...

Run sister. Run for the hills.

Leslie said...

Trade you a 2-year-old for a soon-to-be 14-year-old or, better yet, a 15-year-old and her PDA boyfriend?

Leslie said...

Laundress is wrong. You don't need to run. You need to drink.

Anonymous said...

I have a 3 year old son who went from angel to Super Attitude Boy overnight! Maybe they could even each other out!