Monday, December 01, 2008

Panic mode

Do you have your Christmas shopping done yet? I don't!

I do this every year. I wait till the last second and then panic. Oh, I know there's still time now but trust me, I know me. I'll be in the exact same boat three days before Christmas. Maybe this year if I panic with a few weeks time left I'll be ready by the time Christmas gets here.

This year we're going to try something a little different with the gifts that we give everyone. We're going handmade. And by we I mean me. Jesse doesn't do handmade. And by everyone I mean everyone other than the kids. I don't see a handmade Lego Batman Wii game going over very well around this house. I would go into more detail but several of the people who are getting the handmade gifts read this blog and I want to put off the disappointment surprise as long as possible. As I get further along into the process I'll detail some of my efforts on my other (neglected) blogs. And won't that be fun boys and girls?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go hunt down this one website that I vaguely remember seeing once that had this thing on it that I wanted to make but I really don't remember any of the stuff you needed to do it or what it looked like and also I might have just dreamed the whole thing. I love the holidays.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Every year I try to convince Nathan to go the handmade route (via me) but he never goes for it. Grr. Maybe you'll be a good example of the fact that people can give handmade gifts and not spontaneously combust.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a single gift yet. I'll totally be out shopping aimlessly on Xmas Eve. Why? Because I suck.

andreaaskowitz.com said...

It's too soon to have your shopping done.

Cathy said...

Okay sorry. Not only do I have almost all of the shopping done - all of the gifts are wrapped and ribboned and ready to go. Sorry. You are allowed to call me crazy, anal, freaky, or whatever else you come up with.
I still have to wrap the Santa gifts and pick up a gift for my son's teacher.
The problem with being "done" this early is that I'll end up buying more as the month goes on. I'm going to try really hard not to - but I should get something "fun" for my husband. Boxers, tshirts, and cologne - not so fun.