Friday, July 24, 2009

Afterglow

I am back in my hotel room. The transfer went well. There was some back and forth about how many to put in as we waited to see how many of them made the thaw. In the end enough survived (with one of them doing a "No really! I'm feeling much better!" act at the last minute) that I think we've got a decent shot. Now my two jobs are to lay around for the next 24 hours or so and to then try and resist the urge to take pregnacy tests every three seconds.

The laying around bit I can do with no problem. The not testing is going to be tough. The transfer was 14 seconds ago and I'm already getting the urge to pee on a stick. I guess I better order some room service to distract me.

One years ago today jury duty made me want to slap some people.
Two years ago today I switched to maternity pants and planned another trip to LA.
Three years ago today I laid the smack down on an old lady.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, how wonderful, exciting, scary and nerve-wracking all at the same time!

Rest up good!!

Mandy said...

Hope it goes awesome this time! Resist the urge for at least a week and if you cant wait any longer take tests with the early pregnancy hormone detector!!! Try to wait it out until 10-14 though (if you can!)

Anonymous said...

i'd come say hi but i am super sick and now would be a bad time to infect you.

Karen said...

What a gripping story. Thanks for bringing us along on the journey.

Stimey said...

I'm really sad that I wasn't able to see you on Friday, but I'm so glad that everything went well.