Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One year

Last year my godson was born.  I got the be there when he was born.  It was the first time I saw birth from the other end of things.  (Fun fact - birth is disgusting.  Beautiful and magical and wonderful and also very gross.  And gooey.)

Then a year passed.
And one again he was gooey and magical.
Happy Birthday Danny-boy.  You're the sweetest little monkey I know.  Also the drooliest.  I'm confident that next year will bring about an eventual delivery from your constant dampness.  Also, note to self - get a haircut you damned dirty hippy.

One year ago today I talked about Danny.
Three years ago today I had a headache.

3 comments:

Stimey said...

Ha! I love that he was gooey both days. He's cutie!

Anonymous said...

He is super cute!!

Emily said...

Calling a baby a dirty hippy, huh? ;)